- (1 1/2 Cups) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- (5 Tbsp) Butter - melted
- (2 Tbsp) Sugar
- (1/8 tsp) Salt
- (32 oz ( four - 8oz blocks)) Cream Cheese - at room temperature
- (2 Cups) Sugar
- (3 Tbsp) All Purpose Flour
- (4 tsp) Vanilla
- (1 tsp) Lemon Zest - from 1 lemon
- (2 tsp) Fresh Lemon Juice - from 1 lemon
- (1/4 tsp) Salt
- (6) Eggs
- (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
- (4 Cups) Hasps - Frozen
- (2 tsp) Cornstarch
- (1/4 Cup) Water
- (1 Tbsp) Lemon Juice
- (2 Tbsp) Sugar
*I originally found the recipe for this Classic New York Cheesecake on the 'once upon a chef' website. So, many thanks to Jenn for her delicious, never-fail recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and set oven rack in lower middle position.
- Wrap a 9-10" springform pan with one large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Make sure it covers the underside and extends all the way to the top so there are no seams on the bottom or sides of the pan. Repeat with another sheet of foil for insurance. Spread softened butter over all areas of the inside of the pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt. Stir until well combined. Press crumbs into an even layer on the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F and set a kettle of water to boil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with beater, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour together on medium speed until smooth. (About 1 min) Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to be sure the mixture is evenly combined.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Beat on low speed until just combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated, scraping the bowl as necessary. Mix in the sour cream. Make sure the batter is uniform but do not over-mix.
- Check to make sure your oven has cooled to 325 degrees F then set cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour the batter over the crust. Pour boiling water into the large roasting pan to come 1 inch up the side.
- Bake until the cake is just set. 1 hour and 30 mins to 1 hour and 45 mins. The cake should not look liquid at all but will wobble just a bit when the pan is nudged.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and set it on a wire rack. Cool the cheesecake in the water bath until the water is just warm (about 45 mins)
- Remove the springform pan from the roaster and discard foil. Run a thin blade around the edge of the cake to loosen. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to cool 8 hours or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 Tbsp of sugar, 1/4 cup water, 2 tsp cornstarch, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Once the mixture starts to thicken add in the 4 cups of haskaps and cook until lightly bubbly. Don't allow mixture to boil. Let cool at room temperature and spread over cheesecake when serving.
Note: This recipe can be made up to two days prior to serving and kept in the refrigerator in the springform pan covered tightly with plastic. The sauce can also be made the day before serving.