(1) Leg of Lamb
(1 head or approx 6 cloves.) Garlic, minced
(2 Tbsp) Olive Oil or melted Bacon Fat (for extra flavour)
(2 Tbsp) Fresh Rosemary Leaves (chopped)
(2 Tbsp) Fresh Thyme Leaves (chopped)
(2 Tbsp) Fresh Sage Leaves (chopped)
(2 Tbsp) Grainy Dijon Mustard
(1.5 Tbsp) Sea Salt
(3 tsp) Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Score the top side of the leg of lamb (you can also substitute a lamb sirloin roast for a smaller option) with shallow diagonal cuts in the fat to form a diamond pattern.
- Combine Olive Oil or melted Bacon Fat with minced garlic, herbs, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place the leg of lamb fat side up on the roasting rack of a large roaster. Spread the mixture evenly over the top rubbing into all of the cuts.
- Place the roaster into the oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F to obtain medium doneness. This is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 45 mins. (Check the internal temperature sooner if using a Lamb Sirloin Roast)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with those you love!