- (1 pkg) Ground Leaf Fat from 6S pastured pigs
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Place thawed ground leaf fat into a good quality roaster. (I highly recommend an enamel coated cast iron roaster for this because of it's even heat distribution.)
- Spread fat out evenly in roaster then cover with lid and place in oven.
- Allow leaf fat to melt for 12 hours. (I usually plan for this step to be overnight.)
- While still warm, pour melted fat through several layers of cheesecloth and fill clean jars. Put clean lids onto jars and allow to cool completely. (Lard will turn from clear/opaque to a bright white as it cools.) Store in refrigerator.
- Use generously in cooking and baking.