- (4 lbs) 6S Pastured Pork Butt or Picnic Roast
- (1 cup) BBQ Sauce
- (1/2 cup) Apple Cider Vinegar
- (1/2 cup) Beef or Pork Broth
- (1/4 cup) Raw Honey
- (1 Tbsp) Grainy Mustard
- (1 Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (1 Tbsp) Chilli Powder
- (1 Large) Onion, chopped
- (4) Garlic Cloves, minced
- (to taste) Liquid Smoke
- (to taste) Fresh Thyme
- (8) Hamburger Buns of choice
- (for topping) Coleslaw
*You can use either a slow cooker or an oven at low heat for this recipe.
- Place pork roast in slow cooker or enamel cast iron dutch oven.
- In a separate bowl mix the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar and broth.
- Then stir in raw honey, grainy mustard, worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, chopped onions, minced garlic, liquid smoke, and fresh thyme.
- Pour mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook on med high for 5 to 6 hours or until roast is easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove the roast and shred then return to dutch oven and mix thoroughly with the sauce.
- Toast buns then pile high with pulled pork.
- For some crunch add coleslaw, then top the whole thing with Carolina White BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- For a sweet & savoury twist top with Valley View Haskap Orchard's Haskap Chutney.
Carolina White BBQ Sauce Recipe:
(The perfect compliment to everything pork!)
- 1.5 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp spicy grainy mustard
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp salt
Mix it all up and it's ready to go!