Rick's Unbeatable Blue Ox Burgers
April 5, 2022 • 0 comments
Don't let this deceptively simple recipe fool you ... start with the best ingredients - 6S Signature Patties and our customer favourite Pasture Raised Bacon, then sauce it up with Rick's famous Blue Ox Sauce. Daaaang!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- (6 Patties) 6S Signature Pattie - 6oz
- (6 Slices) Bacon - Sliced
- (8 Tbsp) Butter
- (1 Large) Onion, sliced thinly
- (1 Cup) Heavy Cream
- (3-4 tsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (3/4 Cup) Blue Cheese - crumbled
- (6 buns or 12 slices) Hamburger Buns or Sourdough Bread Slices
- (6 slices) Sharp Cheddar Cheese - sliced
- Grill or saute patties to desired doneness.
- Fry bacon to desired doneness.
- Toast buns/sourdough slices to desired doneness.
Blue Ox Sauce:
- Melt Butter in saucepan and saute onions over low heat until golden.
- Pour in cream and worcestershire sauce then add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture bubble up then add crumbled blue cheese. Remove from heat and stir in blue cheese as it melts.
- Pour over everything! I mean it ... over every single layer ... then dive in!
Layer as follows:
*Note - double the recipe if you like extra sauce! (Like that's even a question right?!?! Who doesn't want extra sauce? Plus if you have leftover sauce you'll find yourself heating it up and putting it on everything else you eat for the next couple of days! Not kidding - everything!) 😋