- (3 lbs) 6S 100% Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
- (1) Carrot, rough chopped
- (1) Celery, rough chopped
- (1 medium) Onion, chopped
- (2) Garlic cloves, minced
- (3 sprigs) Fresh Thyme
- (2 sprigs) Fresh Rosemary
- (2 cups) Beef Bone Broth
- (2 cups) Red Wine
- (1 large) Onions, sliced
- (to taste) Salt & Pepper
- (several Tbsps) Butter
- (1.5 lbs) 6S 100% Grass-fed Ground Beef
- (2 Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (1 Tbsp) Fresh Rosemary, chopped finely
- (2 cups) Coleslaw or Lettuce for garnish
- (6) Hamburger Buns of choice, toasted
Short Rib Prep:
- Place carrot, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, bone broth, and red wine in enamel coated cast iron dutch oven and cook for 15-20 mins until veggies have softened.
- Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper then sear ribs on all sides in cast iron frying pan. Once seared, nestle ribs in the mixture inside the enamel cast iron dutch oven.
- Slow cook in low oven (around 300 degrees) for approximately 5 hours or until the meat is easily pulled from the bones. (*Note - this step can also be accomplished in a pressure cooker in much less time. Follow your manufacturer's instructions)
- Heat a cast iron pan over med heat and melt butter.
- Once hot, add the sliced onions and salt and pepper.
- Cook onions slowly, stirring regularly until onions are soft and caramelized. (About 15-30 mins)
Carolina White BBQ Sauce Prep:
- 1.5 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp spicy grainy mustard
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp salt
Mix it all up and it's ready to go!
- When the short ribs are finished, remove them from the dutch oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then shred them with a fork. Set aside.
- Reduce the liquids in the dutch oven until slightly thickened, then add the butter and blend with an immersion blender until it looks glossy. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Burger Patty Prep:
- Reserve 1/2 cup of shredded rib meat for garnishing.
- Mix the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper and the rest of the rib meat.
- Mix gently and form into patties.
- Melt butter in cast iron frying pan and cook the patties all the way through. About 4 minutes each side.
- Remove skillet from heat, place slice of cheese on each patty then place pan in oven to melt cheese.
Layer as follows:
- Toasted bun
- Carolina White Sauce
- Caramelized Onions
- Burger Patty
- Reserved Shredded Short Rib Meat
- Short Rib Gravy
- Chopped lettuce or coleslaw for garnish
- Top of toasted bun.